GM diet, or how to lose six kilograms in a week
Proponents of GM diets claim that this method of weight loss helps burn fat faster than other diets. But do you actually work? We will look at the advantages, but also disadvantages.
What is a GM diet?
GM Diet was allegedly created for the employees of General Motors in 1985. It is given that its development contributed to the US Department of Agriculture. However, this myth was overthrown and did not really know who created the GM diet.
Diet plan is divided into seven days with very strict rules on products that can be eaten. For example, in the second day of the diet, you can eat only vegetables, and the fifth a few tomatoes and lots of meat.
According to the National Diet to help GM shed up to six kilograms in just seven days. Thanks to its use our body has reportedly opportunity to get rid of toxins, improve digestion and increase your ability to burn fat.
Proponents of GM diet consider it to be effective, because it contains low-calorie foods, such as fruits or vegetables. And that comes in your diet – to create a calorie deficit, or eat less than you burn during the day. In addition, many products that you can eat on a diet contains a lot of water, which is another argument in its positive effect or detoxification of the body.
Those who promote the GM diet as a way to achieve your najepszy silhouette, zaklładają that to achieve long-term results of weight loss diet can be used many times, even at intervals of 5 – 7 days.
What you can eat on a diet of GM?
GM Diet is divided into seven days, with each day has its own rules in force.
It is recommended to drink 8-12 glasses of water each day to keep hydrated organisms during dieting. It not necessarily required physical activity, especially for the first three days of the diet.
Detailed guidance on the GM diet each day:
The first day:
- eat only fruit – all kinds addition banana
- no limits on the amount of fruit
Diet particularly encouraged followers to eat melons to increase weight loss.
- eat only vegetables in the form of raw or cooked
- diet does not determine the maximum quantity of vegetables
- Limit potatoes only to breakfast
- just eat all kinds of fruits and vegetables, except bananas and potatoes
- diet does not determine the maximum quantity of products
- eat only bananas; You can eat up to 6 large or 8 small bananas.
- drink 3 cups of milk, preferably skimmed
- Eat two servings of beef, chicken or fish (250 grams)
- in addition to the meat you can eat only six whole tomatoes.
- Vegetarians can replace meat brown rice or curd.
- increases in water consumption of two glasses to flush the additional uric acid
- on the sixth day meals can cover an unlimited amount of vegetables, but no potatoes.
- Vegetarians can replace meat brown rice or curd
- eat only brown rice, fruits, vegetables
- It does not specify the maximum amount of any of these products
GM diet contains a few other guidelines presented in addition to the nutrition plan.
- You can not eat beans, which, according to proponents of the diet is calorie and can cause weight gain
- coffee drinking green tea is allowed, but only without the addition of any sweeteners
- carbonated beverages, alcoholic and other beverages calories are not allowed unless they are included in the diet, for example. milk
- instead of the usual milk, you can use soy meat substitute and even cottage cheese
After the end of the weekly diet plan GM is recommended to switch to low-carb and high-protein diet to maintain weight loss
The benefits of a diet of GM
Although no studies have not analyzed the GM diet, there are some studies on some of its aspects. First of all, a plan to encourage increased consumption of fruit and vegetables that have been shown to help us lose weight, turn up the metabolism.
In a study of 2015., Which it involved more than 133 000 participants, those who ate the most fruits and non-starchy vegetables, had the lowest risk of changes in body weight in a period of four years.
Importantly, the GM diet restricts certain foods and drinks that cause weight gain, such as sweetened drinks and alcohol.
Despite the fairly strict rules, however, allows the GM diet every day to choose meat, fruits and vegetables based on personal preferences, which makes it easier to persevere in it, because we eat what we like.
Disadvantages diet GM
GM diet has many disadvantages, however, to keep in mind:
- there are no studies proving its effectiveness
- there is no evidence that diet consists of “negative” calories
- GM diet does not contain vital nutrients such as good fats, vitamin B12, iron, calcium
- diet is not well-balanced and can lead to feelings of deprivation and hunger on some days due to the quantity of the various macronutrients
- most days would consume much protein, which can bring counterproductive, because studies show that there has been can reduce appetite and increase weight loss
- weight loss in diet can be temporary GM
- most of the weight lost on this diet is more water, not fat
Every time you reduce calorie intake, your body is looking for other sources of fuel. This makes the starts to break down glycogen – the energy storage molecule located in the liver and muscles. Glycogen maintains a large amount of water so as glycogen stores are depleted, the water loss can cause rapid weight loss.
Unfortunately, this type of weight loss is only temporary and you have to reckon with the yo-yo effect.
Is it worth it to try a diet of GM?
Especially before the holidays, many people are looking for quick ways to lose weight, this can not be done in one week. Although GM diet are encouraged to eat fruit and vegetables, sugar-sweetened beverages is limited, its disadvantages far outweigh any potential benefits, especially the yo-yo effect.